Scheduling a series of identical or similar social posts in Hootsuite can be time-consuming and boring.
The good news is there’s a quick way to make a copy of one already scheduled, edit it and schedule it for a later date.
This is really useful if you’re doing a series of posts for the same event – as it allows you to not only quickly duplicate one already done but also edit the content in the new ones, to maybe add a countdown to the booking deadline.
It makes it quicker to do a series in a second way – as it automatically uses the same graphics you first uploaded – no need to reupload them!
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in and go to the Publisher section
- Click on Planner to use that view
- Find and click on the post you want to copy. The edit window will open on the righthand side.
- Click the ellipsis between the Edit and Delete buttons.
- Select Duplicate – see picture above. Hootsuite will now open the New Post window and load the text and images from the original post.
- Make any copy changes you wish. You can also delete or add images.
- Select the day and time to publish the new post and click the Schedule button.
Let me know what you think of using it!